COURSE: M.TECH BRANCH: CSE
YEAR & SEM: I-I REGULATION: R18
1. Design in detail any two application domain where distributed system is applied
2. Analyze the challenges in developing a Distributed system and how distributed system overcomes it?
3. Evaluate the trends in distributed system
4. What are the domain areas in which Distributed System is used?
5. Describe how to compare and contrast cloud computing with more traditional client-server computing? What is novel about cloud computing as a concept?
6. Utilize the World Wide Web as an example to illustrate the http://svpcet.org/wp-admin/post.php?post=3460&action=edit&message=6concept of resource sharing, client and server
7. List the three main software components that may fail when a client process invokes a method in a server object, giving an example of a failure in each case. Suggest how the components can be made to tolerate one another’s failures.
8. (i)Summarize in detail about resource sharing and the challenges involved in it.
(ii)Give the types of local resource that are vulnerable to an attack by an untrusted program that is downloaded from a remote site and runs in a local computer
9. Label an example of an HTTP URL. List the main components of an HTTP URL, stating how their boundaries are denoted and illustrating each one from your example. To what extent is an HTTP URL location-transparent?
10. (i) Explain distributed system and analyze the characteristics of Distributed system.
(ii) Demonstrate how distributed computing is used as a utility
1. Design how communication is done between Distributed Objects? Explain with the case study Enterprise Java Beans
2. (i)What is RMI? How it is implemented? Write notes on JAVA RMI
(ii) What is meant by Publish-subscribe systems? Write short notes on it.
3. (i)Describe With a neat sketch explain remote procedure call.
(ii) Describe explain about group communication. .
4. (i) Discuss in detail the physical & architectural model with necessary diagrams.
(ii) Describe on the fundamental models with example and diagrams.. .
5. (i)What is the purpose of external data representation and marshaling?
(ii) Examine about Multicast communication.
6. Explain in detail the following
(i) Middleware layers
(ii) UDP datagram communication
(iii) TCP stream communication.
(iv Characteristics of Interprocess communication
7. Define Overlay networks. What are the types of overlay networks? Explain in detail.
8. (i) Examine the use of the request-reply protocol. (ii) Show how message queues are useful? Explain in brief.
9. i) Illustrate what is shared memory? Explain its approaches with example.
(ii) Point out the details on from objects to components
10. Analyze in detail about Message Passing Interface(MPI)
1. (i)Define Peer to Peer systems. Explain in detail the working of Peer to Peer Systems.
(ii) What is meant by Napster legacy? Explain
2. (i). Explain about File system access model and its sharing semantics.
(ii) Explain on Peer to Peer middleware systems.
3. Illustrate with a case study explaining the application of distributed algorithm Routing overlays.(Pastry/Tapestry)
4. Analyze in detail about Distributed File system, its characteristics and requirements
5. (i) Describe the working of File service architecture.
(ii). Summarize the purpose of Andrew Filesystem
6. Formulate the design and implementation of name services and Domain Name services.
7. Discuss the architecture and server operation of NFS.
8. (i) Illustrate in brief about LDAP.
(ii) Summarize the Namespace Implementation in brief.
9. List the different approaches to implement the Name Caches and explain them briefly.
10. Define and explain the following: i) clocks ii) clock skew iii) Co-ordinate universal time iv) Distributed mutual exclusion.
1. (i) Describe in detail about Cristian’s and Berkley algorithm for synchronizing clocks.
(ii) Examine briefly about global states.
2. Distinguish and examine the process of active and passive replication model.
3. Design Flat transaction and nested transaction with the example.
4. (i) Explain detail about two-phase commit protocol.
(ii) Examine on atomic commit protocol
5. (i) What is the goal of an election algorithm? Explain in detail.
(ii) Examine how mutual exclusion is handled in the distributed system.
6. (i) Summarize the internal and external synchronization of Physical clocks.
(ii) Give the Chandy and Lamport snapshot algorithm for determining the global states of distributed systems
7. (i) Discuss the use of NTP in detail.
(ii) Discuss that Byzantine agreement can be reached for three generals, with one of
them faulty, if the generals digitally sign their messages.
8. (i) Examine a solution to reliable, totally ordered multicast in a synchronous system, using a reliable multicast and a solution to the consensus problem.
(ii)Illustrate an example execution of the ring-based algorithm to show that processes are not necessarily granted entry to the critical section in happened-before order.
9. Summarize in detail about CODA.
10. (i)Describe about Distributed dead locks.
(ii) Examine briefly about optimistic concurrency control.
1. Describe in detail the features involved in process migration.
2. Evaluate the mechanism used in process migration
3. Explain how process migration is implemented in a heterogeneous system?
4. Illustrate in detail about threads and its process.
5. Formulate the issues involved in designing a thread package.
6. Describe briefly introduce the Resource management techniques and mechanism.
7. (i) Point out what are the desirable features of scheduling algorithm?
ii) Show how will you find an optimal assignment? Explain with example.
8. Discuss the purpose of task assignment approach.
9. Describe the Load Balancing approach in detail.
10. Summarize in detail how the load is being shared among the resources.