- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Sri Venkatesa Perumal College of Engineering & Technology, Puttur was established in the year 2011 and is offering Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering with an intake of 60 students. The intake has been enhanced to 120 students from the academic year 2013-14 with the approval of AICTE, New Delhi.
- Mechanical Engineering is the mother of all branches. The contribution of this branch is enormous in the growth of technology over the centuries. The scope of B.Tech courses varies from Material Research to Machinery Development, Nanotechnology, Smart Materials, Aerospace Technology, Missiles Technology, CAD/CAM, FMS, CIM, Automation and such other interrelated developments.
- Keeping itself up to date with the latest developments and trends in the field and with dedicated faculty of highly qualified and experienced members in all streams of Mechanical Engineering, the department consistently strives to provide world class facilities for education and research. The Department has faculty strength of 02 Professors, 02 Associate Professors and 18 Assistant Professors to mould the students into leaders in their progression.
- The Department has excellent infrastructure and well equipped laboratories to cater the needs of the students as per the curriculum designed by the Affiliating University. All the laboratories are equipped and established to meet the requirements of AICTE norms. Department is providing qualitative learning environment to nurture the students as knowledgeable professionals. The department is also engaged in conducting the activities related to Entrepreneurship Development.
- The Department has started “Mechanical Engineering Technical Association (META)” in the year 2014. META has been conducting seminars, guest lectures, workshops, symposia etc for multifaceted development of students. Department is striving hard to realize its objectives and goals in line with the Vision and Mission of the Institute.
Short Term Goals
- To create an infrastructure for a professional knowledge learning centre.
- To promote learning activity to develop the recent technology and getting patents etc.
- To strengthen the relationship with industrial and academic partners.
Long Term Goals
- To design an effective curriculum for interactive learning.
- To upgrade laboratory with latest instruments for advanced research.
- To incentivize research, plan fiscal policies for strategic initiatives.