The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) was established during the inception of the institute in 2001 with an annual intake of 60 students. In the academic year 2005-06 the intake capacity rose to 120 and in the year 2013-14 it rose to 180.The department has a faculty student ratio of 1:15 as per AICTE norms .The average teaching experience is more than 5 years. So far around 1500+ students have graduated. Every year our students secure placements in reputed companies like INFOSYS, TECH MAHINDRA, CSC, ROBERT BOSCH, TATA Communications, Visiontek, Etc.
The department also offers three post graduate programmes in VLSI System Design, Embedded systems (ES) and Digital Electronics and Communication Systems (DECS) with an intake of 18 in each specialization. The major goal of the department of ECE is to produce highly knowledgeable, competent and resourceful young engineers who can perform well in a wide variety of job profiles. To achieve this goal the department is putting dedicated efforts in nurturing a strong foundation both in analytical and technological aspects laid down in the curriculum. It also provides ample opportunities to students to work on mini projects, develop communication skills, explore internship opportunities in industry and take part in national and international design contests.
The department has an active ECE students’ forum namely “SPACE”- Students Professional Association for Communication & Electronics Engineering” where students learn to do projects and organize technical events like symposiums, paper presentations to inculcate a broader perceptive on the profession. These efforts have culminated in the form of placements in various leading industries and organizations.
Objectives of the department:
- To motivate the Graduates to be successful in the professional practice of engineering or other related fields.
- Graduates will engage in life-long learning; e.g., advanced education/degrees, professional development activities, and/or other career-appropriate options.
- Graduates who are employed within engineering fields will demonstrate technical competence, such as identifying, formulating, analyzing, and creating engineering solutions using appropriate current engineering techniques, skills, and tools.
- As appropriate to their professional or educational positions, graduates will
- Effectively communicate technical information in multiple formats,
- Function effectively on teams,
- Develop and apply engineering solutions within global, societal, and environmental contexts.
LONG TERM GOALS
- To achieve 100% results & Placement to the students.
- To improve the infrastructure to achieve R&D activities.
- To establish a product development center.
- To undertake Research and Development works in leading technologies by forging alliance with various research organizations and industries.
SHORT TERM GOALS
- Encouraging faculty members to do Ph.D. program.
- Organizing conferences and seminars.
- Crafting a research center to facilitate the faculty members to pursue their higher studies leading to the doctoral degrees.
- To continue to organize annual student level seminars / paper presentations / project exhibitions for the benefit of the students at large.
- To get sponsorships from organizations for students and faculty projects.