About civil engineering
Civil Engineering department was started in the year 2014 with an intake of 60. The institution is affiliated to JNTU, ANANTAPUR and is striving to grow as one of the finest centers.
Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the physically built structures like bridges, roads, canals, dams and buildings etc. And also it will take care of naturally built environment. Civil engineering is the broadest of the engineering fields. Civil engineers build the world’s infrastructure. It is an age-old profession and has been defined traditionally as a great art, on which the wealth and the well-being of the whole of society depend.
The faculty continues to strive hard by exploring new frontiers of knowledge, imparting the latest technical knowledge to the students and conducting high quality of research. The faculty also renders technical advice on live engineering problems to various Government and Private Sector companies throughout country.
- We are committed for achieving and reviewing the established quality objectives of our organization.
- To provide an academic atmosphere to develop overall personalities of our students and a promise of exciting career.
- We shall strive continually to progressively develop seeking broad avenues to face the challenging and emerging needs of our society.
- Graduates will be prepared with a solid foundation in mathematics, sciences, and technical skills needed to analyze and design civil infrastructure systems.
- Graduates will possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Graduates will be familiar with current and emerging civil engineering and global issues, and have an understanding of ethical and societal responsibilities.
- Graduates will have the ability to obtain professional licensure, and will recognize the need for engaging in life-long learning.
- Graduates will have the necessary qualifications for employment in civil engineering and related professions, for entry into advanced studies, and for assuming eventual leadership roles in their profession.
The civil engineering degree program seeks to prepare students to be successful professionals recognized for their:
- Critical thinking and problem solving based on a fundamental knowledge of humanities, social sciences, mathematics, science, engineering science and a broad range of civil engineering technical areas;
- Consideration of global and societal concerns, ethics, and sustainability when making engineering decisions;
- Leadership and effective communication;
- Civil engagement and contributions to society; and
- Pursuit of lifelong learning and professional development.
LIST OF LABS :
The Department lays great emphasis on the aspect of correlating the theoretical knowledge with practical exposure. This is achieved by exposing the students to various laboratory sessions in all the domains of Civil Engineering. Various laboratories available in Civil Engineering Department are:
- Concrete Technology
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Engineering geology
ACHIEVEMENTS OF DEPARTMENT :
- Our department hosted a guest lecture on “ADVANCEMENT IN CONCRETE MATERIALS by T.S
- We organized a workshop on “TOTAL STATION and GPS”
- We organized an industrial visit to CSIR(COUNSIL OF SCIENTIFIC AND INNOVATIVE RESEARCH)
- Our department students along with faculty members attended ISCA “104th Indian science congress meet held at SVU,Tirupati”